Welcome to the HARDY Parkinson’s Group Web Site. The HARDY group is a support group that is based in Fort Collins, CO. We meet in the evening to accommodate people who cannot meet during working hours. The group meets on Mondays approximately once every six weeks at the Council Tree Library in Fort Collins. This schedule has been varying based on room availability. This web site should have the latest information on the next meeting.
This site will serve to provide notice for the next meeting and keep an archive of the presentations from previous meetings. Also included will be occasional blog posts, pointers to upcoming events, and links to other resources. Please feel free to explore and give feedback.
Next HARDY Parkinson’s Support Group Meeting:
Monday, March 2, 2020; 6:00pm
Council Tree Library
Agenda: An MDS speaker who will discuss the progression of Parkinson’s disease, which medications are available, and how the medications differ. Note that this is being arranged by a sales rep from Rytary named Courtney Raysik. I have had a discussion with Courtney that this is intended to be a general discussion of PD and medication options, and not just a sales pitch for the product. She has agreed with that is the objective.
Future Meeting Dates for HARDY group (Monday evening at 6pm, every six weeks)
(All People with Parkinson’s, care partners, and anyone from the Parkinson’s Community is welcome.)
- Mon, March 2, 2020
- Mon, April 13, 2020
- Mon, June 1, 2020 (move out a week to avoid Memorial Day)
- Mon, Jul 13, 2020
- Mon, Aug 24, 2020
- Mon, Oct 5, 2020
- Mon, Nov 16, 2020
HARDY Care Partner Meetings (2nd Thursday of each month, 7pm, various homes; contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
This meeting is for care partners (caregivers) of PWP only. It has no agenda or guest speakers, and is intended as a place for care partners to share experiences, concerns, and ideas with each other.
- Jan 6, 2020
- Feb 13, 2020
- Mar 12, 2020
- Apr 9, 2020
- May 14, 2020
- Jun 11, 2020
- Jul 9, 2020
- Aug 13, 2020
- Sep 10, 2020
- Oct 8, 2020
- Nov 12, 2020
- Dec 10, 2020
- March – Jon’s 40 for 40 – Fundraiser for Ride for PD
- March 23, 6:00 PM – “Recognizing OFF Periods in Parkinson’s” – Dr. Rajeev Kumar
- Red Lobster, 3301 South College, Fort Collins (Sponsored by INBRIJA)
- Sun Apr 26, 2020 1pm – Rockies game fundraiser at Coors Field
- See Parkinson’s Association of the Rockies Web Site
- April TBD – Parkinson’s Punch-a-thon – Fundraiser for Parkinson’s Association of the Rockies – Title Boxing Club, Fort Collins
- Sat, May 15, 8:30 am – 2:30pm; Colorado Community Conference, Hyatt Regency Aurora-Denver 13200 E. 14th Place, Aurora
- May 22-24, 2020 – Iron Horse Bicycle Classic – Durango. CO (fund raiser for Davis Phinney Foundation)
- Sun, June 7, 2020 – Vitality 5k Run – Washington Park, Denver 9am
- Sun, June 7, 2020 – Vitality Walk – Washington Park, Denver 9:15am – Sandstone Ranch, Longmont 9:00 am
- Sat Sep 19, 2020, 8:30am – 2:30pm; E3 Conference, Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, 7800 E.. Tufts Avenue, Denver
- Jun 7-10, 2022 – World Parkinson’s Congress in Barcelona, Spain
There are many resources available for Parkinson’s. Listed immediately below are some of the ones I go to for various reasons. They all have addition links to other resources as well.
Parkinson Association of the Rockies – Colorado education, resources, and classes
Parkinson Foundation – National organization focused on access to health care
Michael J Fox Foundation – National organization focused on medical research
Davis Phinney Foundation – National organization (but based in Boulder) with good general information and some local events
Parkinson’s Support Group in Larimer County – Local support group with list of local classes